Labyrinth: copyright control
H I S T O R Y
Founded in September by Peter Waugh and Karin Kaminker at the Academy of the Schule für Dichtung in Wien. Contemporaneous foundation of the poetry journal subdream. First meeting took place on October 25th at Café Westbahn, attended by some 5-10 people. Further meeting at cafe´s thereafter at private homes.
Membership increases (15-20).
Application for status as a Verein accepted. Committee selected.
- 5-10 members at meetings.
- Organisational meeting October 1994 (1st anniversary): 3 prongs (meetings, performance project, subdream). Birthday party.
- Writing at meetings on Labyrinth theme.
- Speaking and performing (with Cathy Miles, 10 members present)
- Lummy sticks (with Paul Baden, 6 members present)
Performances (spring-summer 1994)
- Play Homeless Art by Karin Kaminker performed at Residenz Theatre, 1060 Vienna. Actors included Jeremy and Peter from L. ÖS 700 from proceeds donated by K.K. on behalf of Labyrinth to Caritas.
- Performances in Experiment, 1080 Vienna
- Readings by Jeremy, Danny Mcfie (independently of Labyrinth).
- Concert by Julia (independently of Labyrinth).
- Open reading by Labyrinth members.
- Labyrinth performance designed by Adlen Shiljak, with Julia, Jeremy, Camillo, Charlotte and others?
- Visit to Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics, Boulder, Colorado by Peter. Numerous interviews, material collected for magazine.
- Numerous contributions sought and received.
- Approach to BmUK for finance. Also Stadt Wien (refused).
Membership fluctuates 18-25.
Attendance 5-10 members.
Writing on Labyrinth theme continues.
Meetings become more regular.
- In Salon, part of Chris Loidl's Ash Wednesday Horror Show. Karin Kaminker, solo; Daniela Beuren, Lisa Rosenblatt and Guna Sedlak in trio
- Cellar open performance.
- New contributions.
- Preliminary final selection by P and K.
- Production of zero-zero number by Karin, taken to Jack Kerouac School, well received.
- Final selection of material.
- Application to BmUK refused (new elections).
- Approach to Austrian Foreign Ministry.
Membership fluctuates at 20-25.
- Writing on Labyrinth theme continues.
- Writing on Museum Project begins.
- Workshop on performing, rehearsing and professionalism with Edmond Scott-Lobo.
- Acting/preparation workshop with Dominic.
- Café Tachles. 13 poets, 3 hours reading. Audience of 60. Video made. Support from Edmond Scott-Lobo (choreography) and Bruno Pisek (technical support). Takings of ÖS 1,770 (after expenses).
- Invited to read at TEA Conference for Literature for Language Learners at the Juridicum, 1010 Vienna. 13 poets. 1 hour. Tape and video made.
- Reading at Langschlag (Upper Austria) as evening programme. 6 poets, 1 hour.
- Series of 4 readings with music and guests (Fridays 18.00-19.30) at the Theseustempel, Wiener Volksgarten.
- Reading by 9 poets at Café Pamperl, Westbahnstraße, 1070 Vienna.